Terms & Conditions
1. Agreement: This agreement contains the entire understanding between Icing on the Cake and The Wedding Client (Bride; Groom and Civil Partners).
2. Wedding cake Consultation: The parties agree to a preliminary consultation, either in person, by telephone or by e-mail before the event date in order to ascertain and confirm the design details and the prices to be charged.
3. Wedding Cake Quote: The Wedding Client will receive a quote for all items discussed. The quote shows all costs for the cake. Each design is individually calculated to provide the most accurate quote based on the cake content and the skilled time element involved in making each design.
4. Booking Fee: A Booking Fee of £50.00 is to be paid within 10 days of the consultation and is required to secure the wedding date. The Booking Fee is applied towards the contracted wedding cake and is deducted from the final invoice.
5. Reservation: Upon receipt of the booking fee, Icing on the Cake will reserve the wedding date. The Booking Fee is non-refundable, but is transferable if the date has to be changed.
6. Hiring of Additional Items: If additional items are being hired from Icing on the Cake such as stands, bases and separators a security deposit will be required. This is fully refundable on the safe and full return of the hired items. Deposits are payable by cash or bank transfer only.
7. Balance of Payment: The Balance is due 2 weeks prior to the wedding date. It is The Wedding Clients responsibility to provide the final payment within the agreed time.
8. Delivery: Icing on the Cake can provide delivery of all ordered items. Delivery charges vary according to mileage and distance of the delivery location.
9. Set-up Time: Icing on the Cake require at least one hour for setting up all ordered items. This ensures that there is an appropriate amount of time to arrange the cake before guests arrive.
10. Completion Schedule: All ordered items will be delivered at the date and time agreed.
11. Method of Payment: Payment may be made by cash or bank transfer.
12. Cancellation: Icing on the Cake offers a bespoke service and is therefore limited in how many bookings are taken for any given week. If The Wedding Client cancels the order within 3 months of the wedding date it is unlikely that the cancelled space will be filled and therefore the following cancellation charges will apply. Cancellations MUST be in writing.
1 month or less - 100% of Full Cake Cost
1 month to 3 months - 50% of Full Cake Cost
3 months or more - Loss of Booking Fee
13. Limit of Liability: In the very unlikely event of severe medical, natural, or other emergencies, it may be necessary to retain an alternative Cake Designer. Icing on the Cake will make every effort to secure a replacement cake designer able and / or willing to provide similar products and services as chosen in this contract at the same / similar tariff. If such a situation should occur and a suitable replacement is not found, responsibility and liability is limited to the return of all payments received for the event.
14. Delivery: Although every possible care will be taken with the delivery and set up of the wedding cake, once delivered the cake becomes the responsibility of The Wedding Client. Icing on the Cake cannot be held responsible for any destruction of said cake or products once they are in the care of The Wedding Client/Venue.
15. Price promise: The price quoted at the time of booking is the final cost and it will not be increased even if my cake prices change after you order has been confirmed.
16. Refunds: Refunds are given only in exceptional circumstances as deemed appropriate by Icing on the Cake.
17. Allergies: Icing on the Cake shall not be held responsible for nut allergies for The Wedding Client or their parties. Cakes can be made without any nuts BUT ALL cakes COULD contain traces of nut as nuts are used in the kitchen. It is the responsibility of The Wedding Client to inform their guests that traces of nut COULD be present in the cake.